The AFMIM Derby Assembly is a dynamic Pentecostal movement. We are an integral part of the Apostolic Faith Mission International and the World wide church of God, a revelation of the church of Christ governed by Him as Head according to the scriptures, the working of the Holy Spirit and His ministrations. We have our origin, continued existence and destiny in God. We are part and parcel of the Apostolic Faith Mission International Ministries (UK), a vibrant, growing Pentecostal movement registered in England and Scotland. We are also an integral part of the global community of national churches affiliated with the Apostolic Faith Mission International founded in May 1908 by John G. Lake in Johannesburg, South Africa after catching the Holy Spirit’s fire in the Azusa Street Revivals of Los Angeles, USA at the dawn of the 20th century.
- At AFMIM (UK), Derby Ruach it is our vision as a family to:
- Grow up in knowledge, perspective, conviction, skill and character in the Word of God.
- Grow big by fulfilling the Great Commission, using every medium available to evangelise the Word.
- Grow together in unity and family spirit as one people focused on being overcomers and raising overcomers.
- To develop people to spiritual maturity, through the preaching of the Word of God, Bible studies, and other forums, such as, conferences, seminars and retreats.
- To develop people who love the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul that can be seen by the fruits they bear in loving others, and in praising and worshiping God.
- To experience the numerical growth of the Church in Derbyshire Borough and beyond our borders.
To build a Multi-Cultural Church in Derby and the surrounding Boroughs, by making every believer participates actively in soul winning through witnessing for Christ and preaching the Gospel.
What we Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the lost and sinful man must be saved, and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- We believe in and practice the holy ordinance of water baptism, which signifies the believer’s death, burial, and resurrection into new life with Christ Jesus, and the regular celebration of Holy Communion as commanded by our Lord.
- We believe in the present ministry and baptism of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; those that are saved into the resurrection of life and those that are unsaved into the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Sunday Service: 10:00a.m to 12:30p.m
Telephone: 07462723860 / 07583783798 / 07454845791